As a true Platform for the exploration and greenfield development of renewable energy projects, Galehead is backed by some of the most successful Independent Power Producers and global energy majors in the world. These Downstream Partners work with Galehead to extend and expand their greenfield development capabilities. Their support includes development and project finance, strategic governance, investment-grade credit support, late-stage development and permanent capital for construction and operations.
In 2020, Galehead delivered a 1.8 GW development pipeline with its Downstream Partners including the following transactions:
- 12 MW solar + storage development portfolio acquired by Longroad Energy
- 24 MW solar development portfolio acquired by ENGIE North America
- 100 MW solar development project acquired by Clearway Energy
- 225 MW solar development portfolio advanced under joint development with Lacuna Sustainable Investments
- 460 MW solar development portfolio acquired by Savion
- 200 MW wind project advanced under joint development with Steelhead Americas
- 785 MW solar development portfolio advanced under joint development with Tyr Energy
The pipeline represents Galehead’s distinctive geographic and market agility with projects spanning 9 states, 4 RTOs, and 14 utility service territories and ranging in size from 3.0 – 300 MWac + 610 MWh of paired battery storage. Galehead led greenfield origination and initial development operations for all projects inthe pipeline, including responsibility for market strategy, site selection, feasibility studies, real estate, design engineering and interconnection. Galehead delivered over 14,000 acres of site control and secured interconnection agreements and/or queue positions for 90% of the pipeline (the balance of interconnections will be secured in 2021).
These 2020 transactions exemplify Galehead’s upstream development model, pairing Galehead’s personal engagement and execution ability with our Downstream Partners’ balance sheets and operating experience.
Galehead Development is a technology, project origination, and asset management platform for Impact Infrastructure investments. The company is based in Boston, MA and has 25+ full-time employees.